Thursday 30 January 2014

Day #359

Last day in New Zealand - tomorrow I'm catching my flight back to Italy!!!
So excited!!!
If you had asked me a couple of days ago, I would have probably answered you I was sad for leaving the Southern Hemisphere, but may it be that I do feel it has been a year since I last saw my family and friends; the fact that I've been sick with a cold for the past couple of days and it's getting worse by the minute; that in Christchurch there's not much to do or a combination of the three, but I'm genuinely looking forward to stepping out of Malpensa Airport this Saturday morning.

This afternoon I met with Jen and Olle, the only two people from the Stray group still in ChCh. We hung out in the ''city centre'', wrote postcards, had coffee and beer together and eventually said our goodbyes. They are really cool guys and I'm glad I got to extend the Stray experience first with Yiling and Helle at the hostel, the thai dinner with the others and the afternoon with them as a closure to this wonderful Kiwi experience!

Ultimo giorno in Nuova Zelanda - domani ho il mio volo per l'Italia!!!
Non sto nella pelle!!
Se me lo aveste chiesto qualche giorno fa, probabilmente vi avrei risposto di essere dispiaciuta di lasciare l'Emisfero Australe, ma tra il fatto che lo sento sul serio che è da un anno che non vedo più la mia famiglia e i miei amici; che ho il raffreddore da due giorni e diventa sempre peggio; che a Christchurch non ci sia molto da fare o una qualsiasi combinazione dei tre, ho davvero voglia di camminare fuori dall'Aeroporto di Malpensa questo sabato!

Questo pomeriggio mi sono vista con Jen e Olle, gli unici due del gruppo di Stray che sono ancora a ChCh. Siamo stati ''in centro'', abbiamo scritto le ultime cartoline, bevuto caffè e birra e poi, quando è arrivato il momento, ci siamo salutati. Sono davvero due persone incredibili e sono contenta di essere riuscita a prolungare l'esperienza di Stray, prima con Yiling e Helle in camera con me in ostello e con la cena con gli altri, e poi oggi con loro. Una piacevolissima conclusione a un'esperienza in NZ fantastica!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment