Tuesday 28 January 2014

Day #357

Today I'm in Christchurch!!! I had to say goodbye to a lot of cool people from the Stray bus who kept going north, but I also got to hang around with those who stopped here as well! I'm sharing the room with Yiling and Allie from my rafting team and tonight we went out for Thai food and beers with the others.
Christchurch is hard to describe: it's sad to see all the damage that the earthq
uake caused three years ago, but at the same time I think it's kinda inspiring how they re-invented spaces and places. Visited the Botanic Gardens as well and can say they have my favorite rose garden in New Zealand!!
 

Oggi sono a Christchurch!!! Ho dovuto salutare un sacco di persone incredibili conosciute sul pullman della Stray, ma sono anche riuscita a passare del tempo con quelli che, come me, si sono fermati qui. Infatti, divido la camera con Yiling e Annie, due ragazze della mia squadra di rafting e questa sera siamo andate a mangiare Thailandese e a bere birra con gli altri del gruppo.
Christchurch è difficile da descrivere: da un lato è molto triste vedere tutta ka desolazione lasciata dal terremoto di tre anni fa, dall'altro però è ammirevole come la città sia stata in grado di re-inventarsi.
Tra le altre cose, ho anche visitato i giardini botanici e posso dire, senza ombra di dubbio, che il giardino di rose di ChCh è il più bello che ho visto in Nuova Zelanda.

No comments:

Post a Comment