Friday 20 December 2013

Day #318

OMG! Feels like ages since I last wrote a blog post on here!!! Kind of glad to be back.

As you may well know, if you've been following my Facebook page, today I left Orange and got back to Brisbane.
This morning with Chisa and Dee, after saying goodbye to Charlie and Loretta, I took the train back to Sydney. It was nice sharing with them part of the trip. Naturally, as we got to Central, everyone went her own way, but having lunch together one last time was good and I didn't feel as lonely as I would have, had I left the vineyard by myself.

Tony came and picked me up at Brisbane's airport and now I'm typing from Karen's place. Ash is here as well.
Even though I might have been a little sad for saying goodbye to my vineyard friends, seeing old dear faces once again was beautiful! I'm so happy to be here and I can't wait to meet all my other friends!

It still doesn't really feel like Christmas to me, though. It could be (a) the unbearable heat - man, Brisbane is far worse than Orange, in case you were wondering, and I was baking the half hour I spent in Sydney railway station; (b) the lack of Christmas decorations at the vineyard. At Karen's place, with a really pretty tree and garlands and lights and beauty, it is easier to feel the holidays approaching, but I mean, we are speaking of five (FIVE!!) days till Christmas! O.o Where the rest of December went?!

Omioddio! Non scrivo un blog post come si deve su qui da un'infinità di tempo!!! Mi fa piacere essere tornata!

Come ben sapete, se seguite la pagina di Facebook, oggi ho lasciato Orange per tornare a Brisbane.
Questa mattina, dopo aver salutato Charlie e Loretta, con Dee e Chisa ho preso il treno per Sydney. Ovviamente, una volta arrivate in stazione centrale, ognuna ha preso la sua strada, ma è stato bello condividere una parte del viaggio con loro e mangiare insieme un'ultima volta prima di salutarci. Per non parlare del fatto che, partendo tutte insieme, non mi sono sentita come se stessi abbandonando il vigneto e tutti gli altri, ma semplicemente come se stessi andando in vacanza - un piccolo giochetto mentale per evitare di farmi prendere dalla malinconia prima ancora di partire.

Tony è venuto a prendermi all'aeroporto e adesso scrivo da casa di Karen. Ash è qui anche lei.
Anche se ho dovuto salutare i miei amici al vigneto, rivedere le persone a me care a Brisbane è stato bellissimo! Sono felice di essere tornata e non vedo l'ora di incontrare tutti gli altri miei amici e conoscenti!

Non sento ancora lo spirito natalizio, però. Il che potrebbe essere perché (a) si muore di caldo - Brisbane è decisamente peggio di Orange, nel caso ve lo stesse chiedendo, e nella mezzora che sono stata alla stazione di Sydney mi sono quasi squagliata; (b) al vigneto non avevamo troppe decorazioni. A casa di Karen, invece, con un bell'albero, le ghirlande, le luci colorate e tante cose belle, è più facile sentire l'arrivo delle feste. Ma parliamone, Natale in cinque (CINQUE!!!) giorni?! Dov'è volato il resto di dicembre?

No comments:

Post a Comment