Thursday 19 September 2013

Day #226

Things that drive me crazy:
- People asking me whether I considered the scenario in which I might not like working in a farm.
Uhm.. yes? What about it? Even if I didn't /like/ it, what could I do about it? I want an extension on my Working Holiday Visa and I want to get it legally, thus the only way is working in that vineyard for the next three months.
Yes, I know there are plenty of other places I could do farming at, but what's the difference really? Different people? Different fruit? In my opinion, if it's not YOU who's different, then you won't find one place that much better than another. There are good people everywhere and same thing goes for assholes: it's up to you what to do with it. As for the hard work, quoting one of my favourite writers, 'the world is not a wish-granting factory' and you gotta work hard to achieve your goals, I well know that, and I'm not afraid of sweating under the sun: as long as I have a purpose, I can hold on to that till the end. I'm not one to start things I know I can't finish.

- People assuming they know me.
(Spoiler alert: chances are they may not.)
I mean, has it ever occured to anybody that I might not want to share everything about me with strangers? *says the girl with a daily blog open to everybody on the Internet*
What you've probably seen and think you know about me, is just the tip of the iceberg, the stereotyped façade I put on just for fun and to save up time - there's so much more to the 'nerdy Internet-addicted girl-next-door', but if you're not willing to go past the appearences you won't ever know!
Besides, if you've never seen me working, how can you tell what I can or cannot endure? Why would you bet more willingly on my failure than my success?

Sorry, I wrote this first part this morning and as you can read, I was pretty pissed. Now I'm too tired to be anything but exhausted and in need of a good night sleep.
On a side note, I just realized I'm leaving in one day and I have still all my bathroom things, half my clothes, laptop, chargers and camera to pack, not to mention getting rid of all the cleaning products and the little left in my cupboard! I'm never going to make it! Tomorrow I will be working again afternoon (today it was dead, but we got the whole floor full at dinner time) and dinner shift, but at least, I will have four hours break in between the two. Hopefully I'll be able to do something with that time!

Scusate se non traduco neanche oggi, ma ho ancora troppe troppissime cose da fare prima della mia partenza dopodomani e non abbastanza tempo!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment