Saturday 24 August 2013

Day #200

I swear I'm not this bad at keeping promises IRL. I know I said I'd update yesterday blog post today, but fact is, I woke up at half past twelve this morning afternoon and after that I just had time to eat lunch and get everything ready for work. Sorry.

Not much to say about today since I spent half of the time in my bed, fast asleep. 
Mr. and Mrs. B. came at the restaurant with their kids and when they asked me whether I had already gotten permanent residency, I explained them things were slightly more complicated than that and that in approximately one month I would leave my job at the Trattoria to go working in a farm. Kyle told me that as soon as I left the table after dropping this piece of information, one of the two boys, don't know whether it was Dave or John, said that coming to the restaurant won't be the same anymore once I'm gone. Awwwww can I just melt on the spot?!?! Those kids are, like, the cutest, most polite children I've ever met! I'm gonna miss them too!
As any other night, they gave me a really nice tip, but tonight I lost it in taking out my notepad from my apron pocket. It's a shame - that whomever picked it up didn't do the right thing, but kept it for themselves, but it's just money. There are worse things to lose: your hand, a friend, hope.

All in all, it was a good night! And tomorrow I have the day off!!! Yay! Going to the seaside with Sabri and Paolo!!!  Marco and Luca might be coming as well, not really sure about who's joining us..

Giuro che di solito non sono così pessima a mantenere le promesse. So che ho detto che avrei aggiornato oggi la blog entry di ieri, ma il fatto è che mi sono svegliata alle 12 e 30 questa mattina questo pomeriggio e dopo di ché ho avuto solo tempo di pranzare e preparare tutto quello che mi serviva per il lavoro. Mi spiace.

Non c'è molto da dire su oggi, dato che comunque ho passato metà giornata a poltrire nel mio letto!
I signori B. sono venuti al ristorante coi loro bambini e quando mi hanno chiesto se avevo oramai ottenuto la residenza, gli ho spiegato che la faccenda era un po' più complicata di così e che in circa un mese avrei dovuto lasciare il lavoro alla Trattoria e andare a lavorare in una Farm a raccogliere frutta. Kyle mi ha poi detto che quando ho lasciato il loro tavolo dopo aver sganciato quest'ultima notizia bomba, uno dei due maschietti, ora non so se fosse stato Dave o John, ha detto che tornare al ristorante non sarà più la stessa cosa dopo che me ne sarò andata. Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww ** posso sciogliermi?!? Non credo di aver mai incontrato bambini più carini e educati di loro!! Mi mancheranno!!
Come ogni volta che sono stati al ristorante, anche questa sera mi hanno lasciato una bella mancia, ma credo di averla persa quest'oggi! Nel senso, dev'essere che mi è caduta dalla tasca del grembiule quando ho tirato fuori il blocco per le ordinazioni e qualcuno piuttosto che fare la persona onesta, ha preferito intascarsi la banconota.. è un peccato, ovvio, però erano solo soldi. Ci sono cose molto peggiori che uno potrebbe perdere: una mano, un amico, la speranza.

Quindi, ricapitolando, è stata una buona serata! E domani ho il giorno liberoooooo!!! Sìììììììì!!! Vado al mare con Sabrina e Paolo! Dovrebbero venire anche Luca e Marco, ma non sono sicura..

No comments:

Post a Comment