Saturday 17 August 2013

Day #193

I can't believe this! It's already 1AM and I still haven't started writing anything! D: 

I wanted to write a highly inspirational and deeply moving piece on how grateful I am for everything that's happening in my life, but I guess, given the late hour, we'll have to do without.

Just so you know, I'm not immune to disappointment. 
I thought I was upset today, about working too much, about small misunderstandings on the workplace, about being used.. 
It wasn't pleasant. But then, I took a 'mental' step back and analyzed my situation: I'm healthy, I have a job, I have a roof on my head and food everyday on my table. I have a loving family waiting for me back home, the most awesome friends in the world and the people I've met since I came to Australia have been nothing but nice and kind to me. I love my colleagues, I think we make a great team and my bosses are really good people.
Realizing all this gave me peace to the mind and helped me finish my duty with renewed strengths.

I should remind myself of how lucky I am more often. Helps putting everything into perspective, you know. Who am I to complain, really? I should be ashamed of even thinking of something as stupid as that!

Non ci credo! È la una e mezza di notte e io non ho ancora cominciato a tradurre D:
Oggi volevo scrivervi un pezzo molto commovente e ispiratore su quanto io sia grata di tutto quello che mi sta capitando, ma data l'ora tarda, credo che dovremo arrangiarci senza.

Sono umana e purtroppo non sono immune alla delusione.
Oggi credevo di essere arrabbiata perché mi pareva stessi lavorando troppe ore, di essere sempre fraintesa sul lavoro, di essere sfruttata..
Non è stato piacevole. Poi però, ho fatto un passo indietro e ho analizzato la mia situazione: sono in salute, ho un lavoro, ho un tetto sopra la testa e cibo tutti i giorni sulla mia tavola. Ho una famiglia splendida che mi aspetta a casa, i migliori amici del mondo e tutta la gente che ho incontrato nel mio viaggio in Australia non è stata altro che gentile e disponibile con me. Adoro i miei colleghi, credo formiamo un ottimo team e i miei datori di lavoro sono davvero brave persone.
Capire queste cose mi ha dato un senso di pace che è difficile descrivere e ha rinnovato le mie forze fino alla fine del turno.

Dovrei ricordarmi più spesso di quanto io sia fortunata. Aiuta a mettere tutto in prospettiva, sapete. Davvero, chi sono io per lamentarmi? Dovrei vergognarmi solo di aver pensato di fare una cosa così stupida!

No comments:

Post a Comment