Wednesday 14 August 2013

Day #190

This morning I had breakfast with Jess at the Pancake Manor. She's leaving this Friday morning to Cairns and this was the last time we would see each other in a while - in Brisbane, at least.
When it was time to say goodbye I was kind of sad, she's been a constant to me in my stay, meeting up weekly for catching up and eating sweets. Besides, she's such a sweet girl and a fun person to hang out with: I'm sure gonna miss her! But hey, she'll still be in Australia for a while! I might have some days off in two weeks and I've never visited Cairns, up north in Queensland, so we'll see..

Work was - well, let me spend a couple of words on that topic. 
Today was Ekka Day as I mentioned you yesterday. At the Eagle Farm racecourse, at the top end of Racecourse Rd, they had many and quite important races today. People in these occasions enjoy dressing up in fancy clothes and sneaking in alcohol so that they can get wasted while ''watching'' the races and then go out and get even more so on the streets. You can imagine the state of these people as they came out from the racecourse, when most of them, on the bus from the CBD to Hamilton at noon, were already as drunk as f***. 
While setting the restaurant I tried not to make eye contact with anyone walking on the footpath but of course, once they actually step into the restaurant and ask to be sat you can't really pretend you don't see them. We ended up serving tab water and plain bruschettas and garlic bread to most of our customers tonight. Not exactly the business I had in mind when I came to work today.
When Davina told me I could finish at 7:30 because I was unnecessary, I was more than glad to go. I was already fed up with dealing with this kind of customers.

For the sake of the argument, I'd like to point out that a) I'm not like that when I'm pissed and b) I was never drunk at 4:30 in the afternoon.

ps. Today I also bought a hard cover for my cellphone because I might - how to put it? - have dropped it once or twice. Okay, it was twice, but I've been more careful after that. The thing costed me $20!!! Oh well, I guess you have to pay sometimes.
pps. Today was also my mom's birthday and I Skyped with my family. I can hardly believe how fast my little sister is growing up! I am afraid I won't be able to recognize her when I come back!

Posso tradurre prossimamente? รจ la una meno venti e ho un po' di sonno..
Grazie per la comprensione :)

No comments:

Post a Comment