Wednesday 7 August 2013

Day #183

Cake's allarm went off at 5:45AM again this morning. Since she didn't wake up and kept it ringing I told her off, but I doubt she understood anything of what I told her. Anyway, I had the rest of the morning to rest and make up for lost sleep.

I decided to go to the markets only in the afternoon. I noticed the longer I stay there, the more I eat and the more I spend in food, so I thought of cutting down the hours. Let me tell you, it worked all right!!!! I only bought pastries from Madderz by Design stand and oranges and an eggplant at bargain prices, but somehow came home with free bag of pasta, basket of strawberries, apple strudel, haloumi and basil turkish bread and a soda. Not bad at all!

When I returned home with Sabrina, we found Paolo baking some pastries and had an hard time deciding which dessert to eat for dinner. We had Paolo's freshly baked chocolate parcels, in the end. I guess I'll work out a way to eat both the strudel and the other pastries tomorrow.. Ah, the sacrifices one must do sometimes.. :P

La sveglia di Cake è partita ancora questa mattina alle 5 e 45. Dato che non dava cenno di tirarsi su dal letto o spegnerla, gliene ho dette quattro nel dormiveglia, ma temo non abbia capito. In ogni caso, ho avuto il resto della mattinata per riposare e recuperare il sonno perso.
Ho deciso di andare al mercato di pomeriggio, perché mi sono accorta che più tempo ci passo, più mangio e spendo soldi in cibo, quindi tagliando le ore, taglio anche sulle spese extra. E vi dirò, ha funzionato alla grande! Mi sono comprata solo i pasticcini di Madderz by Design e arance e una melanzana a prezzi stracciati, ma in qualche modo sono tornata a casa con pasta, un cestino di fragole, uno strudel di mele, una focaccia turca all'haloumi e basilico e un'aranciata gratis!! Niente male!

Quando sono tornata a casa con Sabri, abbiamo trovato Paolo che cuoceva in forno dei dolci - della serie, visto che ne avevamo già pochi da una giornata al mercato! Comunque, ci si è presentato il problema di cosa mangiare prima! Abbiamo optato per quelli freschi di forno di Paolo e in qualche modo io vedrò di mangiarmi lo strudel e i pasticcini domani.. Ah, che sacrificio! :P


No comments:

Post a Comment