Saturday 3 August 2013

Day #179

I finished working late tonight. Not that I'm complaining, I mean, it's good money, it's just that I'm so tired and tomorrow I have to wake up again at the brink of dawn: Claire and I we're going rock climbing at Kangaroo Point and the session starts at 8:30am. We need to be there fifteen to ten minutes before and since Kangaroo Point is on the other side of the river from us, we need to get on the ferry that leaves at 7:50 from Eagle St Pier.
We might just get on a taxi and drive up there. I do not really fancy waking up too early.. So, yeah, to keep it short, just two three things about today

- lunch was busy. Like very busy, but I'm proud of the way I managed it completely alone :D

- at dinner, two young people and their mother came to the restaurant: they were italians. As I had a hard time translating the specials of the day in Italian - their mom doesn't speak English - they wondered whether I spoke Italian as second language because clearly it wasn't good enough to be my native one. I'm a disappointment. But I mean, knowing something by heart in a language and having to translate it to another on the spot IS HARD.

- Davina gave us - Tunde and I - a talk. But it was a good one. Both parties were speaking: I told her I don't like nor think it necessary for her to double-guess my every motive, I mean, she admitted she might be a little bit paranoid, but I'm as clear as a glass and besides, I would never back-stab her when she gave me experience, money for my rent and training for what may come.

Ho finito di lavorare tardi questa notte. Non che mi lamenti, parliamone, si tratta di soldini!, è solo che sono così stanca e domani devo svegliarmi ancora all'alba! Io e Claire andiamo a fare arrampicata sulle sponde del Brisbane River a Kangaroo Point. La nostra sessione comincia alle 8 e mezza, ma dobbiamo essere lì 15/10 minuti prima e dato che Kangaroo Point si trova dall'altra parte del fiume, dobvremmo prendere il traghetto a Eagle Street Pier alle 7 e 50.
Oh bè, probabilmente andrà a finire che ci faremo portare direttamente lì dal taxi. Non ho per niente voglia di alzarmi troppo presto.. quindi per farla breve, solo due tre cose
- a pranzo il ristorante era bello pienotto! Ma sono orgogliosa del modo in cui ho gestito il tutto da sola :D
- a cena, questi due ragazzi sono arrivati con quella che chiaramente era loro madre: erano tutti italiani e dato che la madre non parlava in Inglese, ho fatto lo sforzo di tradurre gli speciali del giorno in Italiano per loro. È andata così male che mi hanno chiesto se l'Italiano fosse la mia lingua madre. Sono una delusione. Però parliamone, sapere qualcosa a memoria in una lingua e poi doverlo tradurre in un'altra al momento È DIFFICILE!
- Davina ha fatto una chiacchierata a me e a Tunde questa sera. Mi è piaciuta perché è stata a doppio senso. Le ho detto che mi da fastidio e che non credo sia per nulla necessaria la sua diffidenza nei confronti dei miei motivi e delle mie azioni. Nel senso, lei stessa ha ammesso di essere un po' paranoica, ma io sono davvero trasparente come il vetro e per di più, non la pugnalerei mai alle spalle quando mi ha dato esperienza, soldi per pagarmi l'affitto e training per quello che potrebbe venire in futuro.

No comments:

Post a Comment