Sunday 30 June 2013

Day #145

Major drama today in Unit 1/85 Nudgee Rd. 
Cake's uncle called me this afternoon and gave me the third degree asking about how his niece was going, how many nights was she working at the restaurant per week and whether she slept at home every night. I tried to be polite and respect Cake's privacy, but the whole business sounded funny to me and damn right I was! At home, I found the poor thing crying in our bedroom! He threatened to send her back to Thailand!!!

Now, it's none of my business of course, and none of yours either, but can you actually believe this guy? Dragging me - Sabrina and Paolo, yes, he called them as well - in his family business? Does he think we're her nannies or something?! Expect me to tell on her? Unbelievable.
I just hope Cake will be able to sort things out with her uncle and the sooner, the better. I know she's young and all, but she won't go anywhere if he keeps her this "protected".

Tonight I went over to Karen's. She's still in Europe, but Tony has come back last week and tonight Casey and Alex cooked enchiladas for us. Tasty. It was nice catching up with them :)

Tragedia epocale oggi nell'appartamento 1 all'85 di Nudgee Rd.
Lo zio di Cake mi ha chiamato questo pomeriggio e mi ha fatto il terzo grado chiedendomi come stesse andando sua nipote, se avessi idea di quante sere avesse lavorato al ristorante settimana scorsa e se avesse dormito tutte le notti a casa. Ora, ho cercato di essere il più gentile possibile e allo stesso modo non tradire la fiducia che Cake ha in me, ma l'intera faccenda suonava parecchio strana! E avevo ragione, perché appena arrivata a casa ho trovato la povera ragazza a piangere sulla moquette! Lo zio l'ha minacciata di rispedirla in Tailandia!!!
Ora, non sono fatti miei, e tanto meno vostri, ma vi rendete conto? Questo tizio vuole trascinare me - Sabrina e Paolo, sì, ha chiamato anche loro - nei suoi affari di famiglia!! Crede che siamo i babysitter di sua nipote?! Si aspetta davvero che faccia la spia? Assurdo.
Spero solo che Cake riesca a sistemare le cose con suo zio e prima è, meglio è. So che è ancora giovane e sotto molti punti di vista ancora ingenua, ma non andrà mai da nessuna parte se lui la tiene sotto una campana di vetro.
Questa sera sono andata a casa di Karen. È ancora in Europa, ma Tony è tornato settimana scorsa e Casey e Alex hanno preparato enchiladas per cena. Buone! È stato bello rivedere tutti, soprattutto dopo due lunghe settimane! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment