Thursday 6 June 2013

Day #121

Jeez, it's quarter past 1AM and I just got back from Claire's place - yes, you read right, as in she got back yesterday from Italy and she is not coming back to live with Paolo, Sabrina and me. 
I found that out last week but then the whole Melbourne thing came out and I was too busy with the trip arrangements to post a new ad on Gumtree and look for a new roommate.

Anyway, Claire had some things my family sent me: books - only my grandma could think of sending me a copy of the Gospel, small gifts for my birthday, letters, my camera magically restored to its former glory and my epilator, at last!

Now I'm going to bed because whilst Claire still had jet lag and didn't feel too sleepy, I, on the other hand was fighting to stay awake. It's going to be harder to find time to talk and watch movies and read books like we used to when we were sharing the room, but we already agreed on our next reading, so I'm confident we'll be able to find some time to spend together. I'm glad she is back in the neighbourhood. I really missed her.

Mamma mia! È l'una e un quarto e io sono appena tornata da casa di Claire - sì, avete letto bene. Intendo dire che Claire è tornata dall'Italia, ma che purtroppo non ritornerà a vivere con Paolo, Sabrina e me.
L'ho saputo settimana scorsa, ma poi tutta la faccenda di Melbourne è capitata e ero troppo occupata con i preparativi per il viaggio per pubblicare un nuovo annuncio su Gumtree e cercare una nuova coinquilina.
In ogni caso, Claire mi ha portato alcune cosette che la mia famiglia mi ha mandato: libri, piccoli regalini per il mio compleanno - grazie Carla!, lettere, la mia macchina fotografica magicamente riportata alla vita e il mio silk epil, finalmente!!

Ora vado a letto perché, se Claire sentiva ancora gli effetti del jet lag, io combattevo strenuamente il sonno. Sarà difficile trovare il tempo per chiacchierare e guardare film e leggere libri come facevamo quando dividevamo la camera, ma abbiamo già scelto quale sarà la nostra prossima lettura, quindi sono sicura troveremo il modo di passare un po' di tempo assieme. Sono contenta sia tornata. Mi era mancata.

No comments:

Post a Comment