Thursday 2 May 2013

Day #86

I do not feel like writing tonight. Ugh.

Oh well. Today I had lunch shift. It was much better and more manageable than last Sunday. I prepared some really good coffees and some terribly weak ones, which leads me to think that I've just been extremely lucky with the nice ones. Davina says that the secret is 'practice, practice, practice'.
Among the customers I had this afternoon, - wait for this - do you remember the French Conversation group that meets at the Hamilton Library every Thursday and Friday that I once ran into? Well, I waited this said group and the moderator of the conversation recognized me and remembered my name, I mean, only after I mentioned that I learned French at school and that I knew there meetings at the library. But still, impressive and awfully awkward.

I had a lovely evening at Karen's. We enjoyed gnocchi of course, Karen has become quite a masterchef with them since we're having them any other week, but most of all I am pleased to say - even though I had very little doubt about it - that they loved the pastries just as well as I do. 
Later, with the girls, we watched the latest episode of Revenge and tried to speculate on the last three episodes of the season.
Ash and Casey recommended I should watch Pretty Little Liars. Season 1 aired when I was in Oregon and I enjoyed it a lot but I never checked on the following seasons. They passed me the whole lot, though, and I don't think I will be depressed after the end of Revenge this way.

Non ho per niente voglia di scrivere questa sera. Ugh.
Oh bè. Oggi ho coperto il turno del pranzo al ristorante. È andata decisamente meglio ed è stato più facile gestire il tutto rispetto a domenica scorsa. Ho preparato dei caffè davvero buoni oggi e altri che erano più simili ad acqua sporca, il che mi porta a pensare che quelli che sono venuti bene siano dovuti solo alla mia fortuna sfacciata. Davina dice che il segreto sta nella 'pratica, pratica, pratica'.
Tra i clienti di questo pomeriggio, indovinate un po'? Vi ricordate il gruppo che si ritrova in biblioteca il giovedì e il venerdì per fare conversazione in Francese? Bè, comunque ho servito il sopracitato gruppo e il moderatore mi ha persino riconosciuto e chiamata per nome, nel senso, dopo che ho accennato al fatto che avevo studiato Francese a scuola e che sapevo c'erano questi incontri in biblioteca, ma comunque! Impressionante e piuttosto imbarazzante.

A casa di Karen abbiamo passato una bella serata. Tutti hanno apprezzato gli gnocchi, ovviamente. Karen sta diventando bravissima a prepararli visto che li mangiamo una settimana sì e una no e anche i pasticcini hanno riscosso successo - non che ci fosse alcun dubbio al riguardo.
Poi, con le ragazze, abbiamo guardato l'ultima puntata di Revenge e abbiamo cercato di anticipare quello che potrebbe succedere negli ultimi tre episodi della stagione. 
Ash e Casey mi hanno consigliato di guardare la serie Pretty Little Liars. Avevo già visto la prima stagione quando ero in Oregon, ma poi non mi ero più preoccupata di guardare il seguito. Mi hanno passato le altre tre stagioni, quindi credo che non cadrò in depressione/astinenza finito Revenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment