Thursday 30 May 2013

Day #114

OMG. I just did something completely crazy and impulsive and in the moment and - have I already mentioned crazy?! I got a ticket to fly to Melbourne this Sunday. Oh my. That is like in two days, since Thursday has already passed for me. Oh my. I can still feel the adrenaline rush that started when I bought the tickets.

How did this come to happen? Okay, so tonight Davina updated the duty roster for next week and I got Monday through Wednesday off. You may also remember that this Sunday I will be off as well, that makes it 4 days off in a row and I'd be a fool to let this opportunity slip in between my fingers. Seize the fleeting moment, they say. Who knows when I have another chance like this one?
Before taking any decision, I double checked with my friend Jess, who used to work in the Maldives with me and lives in Melbourne, whether she'd be free those days to hang around and laugh about old times [speaking of which, one year ago, today, I was leaving Iru Fushi and flying back to Italy]. Not only she managed to get the days off, but she also offered me to stay over at her place! Too nice of hers!!! Gosh, I can't wait to see her again!!! Reminds me of so many good nights on the island with my friends! These four days in Melbourne are going to be AWESOME. I cannot wait!!! Oh my!!!


OMIODDIO. Ho appena fatto qualcosa di pazzo, di impulsivo, di punto in bianco - ho già detto che è una cosa pazza?! Ho preso dei biglietti per volare a Melbourne questa domenica. O, mamma. Domenica, in due giorni, in pratica, dato che giovedì è già bello che finito qui. O, mamma. Sento ancora l'adrenalina anche se ho comprato i biglietti tre quarti d'ora fa!
Come è successo? Okay, allora, Davina questa sera ha aggiornato i turni dei camerieri per settimana prossima e io sono libera da lunedì fino a mercoledì compreso. Forse vi ricordate che sono off anche questa domenica, il che fa quattro giorni liberi consecutivi e sarei una pazza a non approfittarne. Carpe diem, no? E poi, parliamone, quando mi capiterà un'altra opportunità come questa?
Prima di prendere qualsiasi decisione però, ho controllato con la mia amica Jess, che lavorava con me alle Maldive e che vive a Melbourne, se sarebbe stata libera in quei giorni per uscire con me e ridere ripensando all'anno scorso [a proposito, un anno fa, oggi, lasciavo Iru Fushi per tornare in Italia]. Non solo Jess è riuscita a liberarsi per questi giorni, ma mi ha anche invitato a stare da lei!! Gentilissima!! Omioddio, non vedo l'ora di rivederla!! Mi ritornano alla mente così tante fantastiche serate passate coi miei amici sull'isola!!! Questi quattro giorni a Melbourne saranno FANTASTICI. Non vedo l'ora! Sto male.

No comments:

Post a Comment