Sunday 26 May 2013

Day #110

Oh boy, I just solved with the help of one of my best friends a HUGE trig problem. Never. Again.

Now, of course it wasn't 'huge', but you have to understand I haven't studied trig for nearly two years now - and yes, my life is better because of that; but when my dad asked for my help with a math problem my little sister of 13 had to solve for school - speaking of WHAT THE HECK DO THEY TEACH OUR CHILDREN?!, I couldn't say no.  After realizing it was harder than I remembered and checking the wikipedia page for sine and cosine, I resolved to ask for an engeneer-to-be's assistance, as I wasn't sure of my calculations. Turned out I did alright, but sadly, I'm still not able to use a freaking calc - there you have it why I thought something was wrong! Anyway, now that the math emergency has been called off, I can go and sleep soundly.

Today was a nice day. Weather was glorious, even though it turned chilly during the late afternoon. My duty wasn't too tragic as Davina was there at rush hour and Tony was always willing to help me if I needed anything.
After work, I went with Paolo and Sabrina at the Powerhouse in New Farm to meet up with Luca, Martina and Nicola for drinks. The place was packed and after some beers and chips, we left home-bound to have dinner there.

As I left my laptop unattended after dinner, Paolo and Sabri posted a very funny thing on my facebook timeline, so if you noticed anything that didn't sound like me, well, it wasn't me, then. Ahahah oh my, thank goodness I realized what they had done in time!!! We couldn't stop laughing after that! Those bastards!

Oh mamma. Ho appena risolto un problema ASSURDO di trigonometria con una delle mie migliori amiche. Mai. Più.
Ora, ovviamente non si trattava di un quesito 'impossibile' o 'difficilissimo', però dovete anche capire che non studio matematica da quasi due anni - sì, la qualità della mia vita è decisamente migliorata da quando ho smesso; ma quando mio papà mi ha chiesto di aiutarlo con un problema assegnato alla mia sorellina di 13 anni - della serie COSA CAVOLO INSEGNANO AI NOSTRI BAMBINI?! - non ho potuto dire di no. Dopo aver capito che era molto più complicato di quanto mi sarei aspettata e aver controllato le pagine di wikipedia su seno e coseno, ho deciso di chiedere aiuto ai miei amici futuri ingegneri, dato che temevo i miei calcoli non fossero corretti. Si è scoperto che i calcoli erano giusti, quello che sbagliavo era il controllo sulla calcolatrice - sì. a quanto pare non la so usare! In ogni caso, ora che l'emergenza matematica è rientrata, posso dormire sonni tranquilli.
Oggi è stata una bella giornata. Il tempo è stato meraviglioso, anche se nel tardo pomeriggio la temperatura è calata parecchio. Il mio turno al lavoro non è stato troppo pessimo, Davina era dietro al bancone nelle ore di punta e quando se n'è andata lei, Tony era sempre disponibile ad aiutare.
Dopo il lavoro, con Paolo e Sabrina, siamo andati al Powerhouse in New Farm per dei drink con Luca, Martina e Nicola. Il locale era stracolmo e dopo delle birre e delle patatine fritte, siamo tornati a casa per cena.
Dopo cena ho lasciato il mio pc sull'isola in cucina e Paolo e Sabri hanno sfruttato l'occasione per postare una cavolata col mio contatto di facebook, quindi se avete notato qualcosa di strano che non vi aspettereste da me, bè, mistero risolto: non ero io! Mamma mia! Per fortuna che mi sono accorta in tempo e ho cancellato tutto! Quanto abbiamo riso dopo.. Che bastardi, che sono!

No comments:

Post a Comment