Sunday 17 March 2013

Day #40

Australian Me, keeping it short since three days ago.
Today I attended a surprise birthday party for Casey. You may remember her birthday was yesterday. So yeah, I lied the other day when I said I wouldn't see her and gave her the gift I got her. I knew I'd be going to the party all along.
She was surprised indeed, but I can't get any credit on that. All the praises go to Ashlee and Alex's sister who organized it and overcame the last-minute misunderstandings perfectly, and Alex himself who brought Casey to the venue without her suspecting anything.

The place was this restaurant & bar in Teneriffe, called The London Club. It is a very nice place, with lovely wall paper and very nice furniture. We had tapas and pizza: I had a hard time with the Malay Chicken skewers because of course they were too spicy for me, but the eggplant and bacon pizza was superb! I loved the turkish bread dipped in either pesto or pumpkin cream - at least, I thought it was pumpkin. Ash had baked beautiful chocolate cupcakes for dessert. I got two.

In the afternoon, I followed an online course, sustained a little exam and got my RSA (Responsible Service of Alcohol) certificate - most of the restaurants and bars require the staff to have it. And now, with Claire I'm about to watch The Last Song. Since we saw The Hunger Games last week she has been kind of obsessed with Liam Hemsworth. Cannot really blame her.

Australian Me, professionisti del 'tagliare corto' da tre giorni a questa parte.
Oggi sono andata alla festa a sorpresa per il compleanno di Casey, che in realtà è stato ieri, quindi sì, vi ho raccontato una palla l'altro giorno quando vi ho detto che non l'avrei vista prima di una settimana, sapevo già della festa. È rimasta davvero sorpresa!! I complimenti per la buona riuscita vanno tutti a Ashlee e alla sorella di Alex che non solo hanno organizzato il tutto, ma sono anche riuscite a superare il classico intoppo dell'ultimo momento, e ad Alex stesso che ha portato la festeggiata in tempo al locale senza che lei sospettase nulla!
Il suddetto locale si trova a Teneriffe, un quartiere di vecchie fabbriche rimodernate e adattate in bar alla moda e appartamenti parecchio costosi. Si chiama The London Club ed è un posto davvero carino, con della carta da pareti bellissima e uno stile molto originale. Abbiamo preso il menù Tapas e Pizza: ho avuto un po' di problemi con gli spiedini di pollo alla Malesiana, perché naturalmente erano troppo piccanti per me, ma la pizza alla pancetta e melanzana era di un buono, ma di un buono.. Mi sono piaciute tanto anche le bruschette di pane turco da intingere nel pesto oppure in questa crema di zucca, o almeno credo fosse zucca..
Ash ha poi preparato dei muffin al cioccolato buonissimi e bellissimi che abbiamo mangiato per dessert. Ne ho presi due.

Nel pomeriggio ho seguito un corso su Internet, fatto un piccolo test e ottenuto il certificato che molti ristoranti e bar richiedono per la vendita responsabile dell'alcool. E ora con Claire, mi accingo a vedere L'Ultima Canzone. Da quando abbiamo visto Hunger Games settimana scorsa, è rimasta ossessionata da Liam Hemsworth. Non che possa biasimarla, intendiamoci.

No comments:

Post a Comment