Tuesday 12 March 2013

Day #35

Today I got Claire to watch The Hunger Games. When I told her about the plot of the only book I had brought with me from home she looked at me funny. When I told her about the plot of the book I'd got in London to bring to Australia, she looked at me even funnier.

I understand that a dystopian novel about 24 kids having to fight in an arena to the death in a televised competition can sound a little bit harsh and cruel, AND that a book about cancer kids in love can be even more depressing, BUT you should give them a chance if I grant you they're two of the best books I've ever read!

Anyway, it was only after she saw Liam Hemsworth starring as one of the main characters that she decided to go through the whole movie! Seriously, and I still wonder why people pick Gale over Peeta?! *shakes her head* Don't you see that it's only about his looks! 
I will make her see my point. I will make her see sense, you'll see.

I got her to read the books as well, she got hooked and wants to know what happens to the Katniss-Gale relationship.. little does she know.. and so do you, if you haven't read the books! You should totally, by the way. Go get them!

Oggi ho convinto Claire a guardare Hunger Games. Quando le ho raccontato la trama dell'unico libro che mi sono portata da casa, mi ha guardato storto. Quando le ho raccontato la trama del libro che ho preso a Londra da portarmi in Australia, mi ha guardato ancora più storto.
Capisco che un romanzo distopico in cui 24 ragazzini devono affrontarsi fino alla morte in un programma televisivo possa risultare un po' duro e cruento, E capisco anche come la storia d'amore tra due adolescenti col cancro possa essere ancora più deprimente, PERO' dovrebbe anche fidarsi del mio giudizio su due dei migliori libri che abbia mai letto!
Comunque, solo dopo aver visto che uno dei personaggi principali era interpretato da Liam Hemsworth si è decisa a vedere il film fino in fondo. Sul serio, e io ancora mi chiedo come sia possibile che ci siano quelli che preferiscono Gale a Peeta?! *scuote la testa* Non capite che è solo il suo aspetto fisico?!!!! Le farò cambiare idea, vedrete.
Comunque sono riuscita anche a incastrarla col leggere i libri: è rimasta completamente rapita e vuole sapere cosa succede a Katniss e Gale nei libri successivi.. se sapesse.. se sapeste.. Se non avete letto i libri, andate a rimediare immediatamente! Sù, sù!

No comments:

Post a Comment