Saturday 9 March 2013

Day #32

As I mentioned to you yesterday, today I went to a conference with Karen and Tony. It was one of those business/motivational conferences that many many times you see in movies and that personally I thought happened just to other people.

So, here's a funny thing. I actually do not know how I feel about today. 
I mean, we had three sessions. One in the morning from 10:30 to 13 and then another from 13:30 to 15:30 and then the last one in the evening from 19:30 to 22:30 and this is how my thoughts went:
10:30 This is a joke. Why am I listening to the older version of Barbie and Ken?
11:30 I do not want to get brain-washed. I am scared.
12:00 I really do hope this product presentation won't take too long. Nice abs.
12:30 Oh, it'd be lovely to join the volunteers for the Special Olympics in New Castle next December.
13:30 Y U make me keep standing, clapping, sitting back, standing, clapping, sitting back? *One Direction songs plays while people get on to the stage* YAY, let's sing along because I know all the lyrics by heart
15:00 Wow! This Ken guy knows what he's talking about!
Pretty random, uh?

Then, I spoke to Karen and Tony and tried to better understand what the speakers said this morning and afternoon. Turned out that the ''business'' they'd been talking about, was some kind of  Costco situation, where you buy your membership, but then can buy products with whole sale rates and a whole lot of other perks - which made it sound less creepy, hence allowing me to give the benefit of the doubt to the evening speakers.

20:00 I'm even more convinced that Mr. Ross (previously known as Ken) knows a lot about people. I take down precious notes.
21:00 Still not interested, but you have to acknowledge that, either all these people came here to set me up, or I'm the only fool in the room who hasn't got a clue in life.
22:00 Y U still making me standing, clapping, sitting back, standing, clapping, sitting back?
22:30 Just let me go home, please, I feel soooo sleepy.

And that, my friends, is the state I'm still in at the moment: terribly sleepy. So, if you'll excuse me, I'll just go to bed.

Come vi ho accennato avrei fatto ieri, oggi sono andata ad una conferenza con Karen e Tony. Si è trattato di una di quegli incontri motivazionali/legati ad un business piuttosto che un altro che si vedono un sacco di volte nei film e a cui sinceramente credevo andassero solo le altre persone.

La cosa strana è che non sono sicura di cosa penso di quello che è successo oggi.
Cioè, la cosa è stata divisa in tre sezioni. Una durante la mattinata, dalle 10:30 alle 13, un'altra dalle 13:30 alle 15:30 e infine la sezione serale dalle 19:30 alle 22:30. A seguire una riproduzione fedele dei miei pensieri nel corso della giornata:
10:30 È uno scherzo, vero? Perché sto ascoltando la versione vecchia e botulinata di Barbie e Ken?
11:30 Non voglio che mi facciano il lavaggio del cervello. Ho paura.
12:00 Spero davvero che la presentazione di questi prodotti non duri a lungo. NB. Begli addominali!
12:30 Oh, sarebbe davvero bello far parte dei volontari per le Special Olympics che si terranno a Dicembre a New Castle.
13:30 Perché continuate a farmi alzare, applaudire, sedere, alzare, applaudire, sedere? *Mettono su una canzone dei One Direction per accompagnare il prossimo speaker sul palco* Evviva! Cominciamo a cantare, che tanto le parole le so tutte a memoria.
15:00 Wow! Ken sa davvero di che cosa sta parlando!
A caso, in pratica!

Poi ho parlato con Karen e Tony e ho cercato di capire meglio quello a cui i relatori di questa mattina e pomeriggio si stavano riferendo. È venuto fuori che questo ''business'' di cui si parlava in continuazione, non è altro che una specie di Costco: cioè un rivenditore con prezzi da vendita all'ingrosso, e una serie infinita di altri vantaggi, il che, devo ammettere, ha fatto apparire la faccenda moooolto meno inquietante, dando quindi il beneficio del dubbio ai relatori della sera.
20:00 Sempre più convinta che Mr. Ross (noto ai più come Ken Da Vecchio) sappia un sacco sulla gente e soprattutto la capisca parecchio. Ho preso tanti appunti.
21:00 Non sono ancora interessata all'offerta, però bisogna riconoscere che o tutti quelli nella sala sono venuti qua per mettermi nel sacco, oppure sono davvero io l'unica che non ha capito un tubo dalla vita.
22:00 Perché mi state ancora facendo alzare, applaudire, sedere, alzare, applaudire, sedere?
22:30 Per favore, fatemi andare a casa che ho un sonno tremendo!
E questo, amici miei, è lo stato in cui mi ritrovo al momento: terribilmente stanca! Quindi, se mi scusate, ora andrò a letto.

No comments:

Post a Comment