Friday 8 February 2013

Day #3

What is wrong with me? I mean, at 4 o'clock in the afternoon it looks like I might fall asleep any minute and then at 1am I'm as awaken and jolly as can be. It is kind of annoying.

As I mentioned yesterday, today I spent my day with Karen. She picked me up at my place and came with me to the bank to open my bank account, then she invited me to have lunch at her place where I met Ashlee and Casey, her daughters, and Casey's boyfriend. She baked me pizza and let me tell you, it was not bad at all.. I mean, I was afraid she might use ketchup sauce instead of plain tomato base, because I mean, that's the kind of stuff we Italians expect from other people, but it turned out to be the latter! I should trust people more.

In the afternoon we went to a shopping mall to get a sim card for my cell phone and after we got back to the house, Tony (Karen's partner) came home. He cooked for us dinner, a fine risotto with chicken and peas, and then he seasoned salad with lemon and sugar: again, I wouldn't have given it a penny, but it was incredibly pretty fine!!

After dinner we headed to Mt. Coot-tha, where there's a lookout on the city. It was beautiful! Brisbane is huge! There were citly lights all around and Karen and Tony showed me different places from up there. Not to mention that they gave me a briefing on the most important constellation I could see. I only wished it wouldn't have been that chilly on top of the hill - because, despite the name, it wasn't a real mountain.

Cos'ho che non va? Parliamone, alle 4 di pomeriggio mi prende sempre l'abbiocco e poi all'una di notte sono sveglia e arzilla come se non fossi stata sveglia tutto il giorno. È un po' una seccatura.

Come vi ho anticipato ieri, oggi ho passato la giornata con Karen. È venuta a prendermi a casa e mi ha accompagnato alla banca per aprire il conto corrente, poi mi ha invitato a mangiare a casa sua dove ho incontrato Ashlee e Casey, le sue figlie, e il ragazzo di Casey. Mi ha preparato la pizza e se me lo concedete, non è stata per niente male! Cioè, temevo potesse usare da un momento all'altro del ketchup invece che salsa al pomodoro, perché, inutile negarlo, è ciò che noi Italiani ci aspettiamo facciano all'estero, ma alla fine si è scoperto che era davvero quest'ultima!

Nel pomeriggio siamo andati al supermercato per comprarmi una sim australiana per il cellulare e quando siamo tornate a casa è arrivato anche Tony (il compagno di Karen). Ha cucinato per noi la cena, un buonissimo risotto con pollo e piselli, ha poi condito l'insalata con l'improbabile accoppiata limone-zucchero, che però si è rivelata essere davvero deliziosa! 

Dopo cena siamo andati a Mount Coot-tha (leggi 'Maunt Cuta'), dove c'è un belvedere che dà sulla città. È stato bellissimo! Brisbane è enorme! C'erano luci tutt'intorno e Karen e Tony mi indicavano i diversi posti che già conosco. Per non parlare del fatto che mi hanno dato una breve assaggio delle costellazioni visibili da lì. Avrei voluto che ci fosse meno arietta (chi ha orecchie per intendere, intenda) sulla collina - perché nonostante il nome suggerisca qualcos'altro, non era davvero una montagna.

No comments:

Post a Comment