Monday 18 February 2013

Day #13

Doesn't seem like it will stop raining too soon.
Today I spent the day at Karen's. She came and picked me up at 12, then we had lunch with Casey. (She found a job, by the way! I'm so happy for her!) The pasta was really good, I took notes on the preparation of the tomato sauce and will probably test them tomorrow.

I engaged with Casey in a chat about - guess what? - the Hunger Games and I was so shocked to find out she was a Team Gale gal! I mean, ANYBODY could tell you that Peeta is the perfect guy for Katniss, but that was fun anyways.. I got to talk about what I felt this time reading and the excitement for the movie that's coming. But yeah, I was kind of taken aback from the fact she didn't like neither Peeta nor poor Josh Hutcherson!

In the late afternoon, Karen was going through some job searching sites and she found that at the Hilton here in Brisbane they were - and still are - looking for a Guest Service Agent. I nearly dropped dead for the surprise: I had looked up on the same site for over two months when I was still in Italy and last checked on it two weeks ago in London and there was no open position suitable for me then!!!
Anyway, better this way. It hasn't been on the site too long, I'm already here and ready to start working anyday and now I'm really letting my hopes rise too much, I gotta stop!

Karen and Tony insisted I had dinner with them as well, so here I am! Gosh, will I ever stop owing them?

ps. I forgave Casey's preference for Gale as soon as she mentioned you can have sambuca here in Oz. I thought it was an italian thing, but I'm glad I was wrong. Now Casey must think I'm a sambuca addict who's a sucker for sappy romance.

Non dà cenni di smettere di piovere.
Oggi ho passato la giornata da Karen. È passata a prendermi a mezzogiorno, poi abbiamo pranzato con Casey, che tra parentesi ha appena trovato un nuovo lavoro! yay! La pasta era molto buona, ho preso nota di come Karen ha preparato il sugo al pomodoro per provare a riprodurlo domani.
Con Casey è partita una chiacchierata a tema - indovinate? - Hunger Games e sono rimasta scioccata quando mi ha detto di preferire Gale a Peeta!! Parliamone, CHIUNQUE potrebbe dirvi che Peeta e Katniss sono fatti l'uno per l'altra, ma è stato divertente.. Soprattutto perché ho potuto chiacchierare con qualcuno e sviscerare le cose che ho provato negli ultimi giorni rileggendo la saga e condividere con lei l'impazienza per il nuovo film. Ma a dire il vero, mi ha proprio colto di sorpresa quando mi ha confessato di detestare sia Peeta che il povero Josh Hutcherson!

Nel tardo pomeriggio, Karen stava aiutandomi nella ricerca di un lavoro quando è incappata in un annuncio dell'Hilton di Brisbane dove stanno cercando qualcuno come me! Sono quasi morta sul colpo: ho cercato su quel sito del cavolo per due mesi quando ero ancora in Italia, e quando ho guardato da Londra non c'era nessuna posizione aperta per me!
Per carità, meglio così! Significa che l'annuncio non è rimasto fuori troppo tempo, poi comunque io, al contrario di altri possibili candidati, sono già qui, pronta per cominciare a lavorare anche domani e adesso sto davvero cominciando a sperarci troppo e devo smetterla!
Karen e Tony mi hanno chiesto di fermarmi per cena e così è stato. Smetterò mai di essere in debito con loro?

ps. Ho perdonato la sbandata di Casey per Gale nel momento in cui ha detto, così dal nulla, che qui in Australia servono la sambuca. Credevo fosse una cosa solo italiana, ma sono contenta di essermi sbagliata! La mia reazione è stata così ecclatante che temo Casey pensi che io sia una sambuca-dipendente a cui piacciono solo smancerie.

No comments:

Post a Comment