Friday 15 February 2013

Day #10

Yesterday I was up till late to finish a book. I was reading a pdf on my laptop, laying in my bed, and I'm afraid I might have stayed in the wrong position for far too long, because when it came to going to sleep my tailbone ached like crazy. Even worse, finding out this morning that the pain hadn't gone away during the night!

The day turned better right away when I found out that Sabri had made me breakfast: pancakes and strawberries - Paolo did the berries sauce yesterday at the restaurant and he kindly shared it with us. Useless to say, they were delicious!

Surfing the net later, I found out two awesome pieces of news that shocked me - in a nice way: first of all, John Green and his wife are expecting another baby - yay! I know you don't care about it, but had you seen Henry, their first child, you'd be looking forward to welcome a new Green baby to the world. Jee, I do sound crazy, sometimes; and second freaking Mr. President knows the slang we use in Nerdfighteria! OMG! He pretty much said DFTBA in front of the whole Internet. That is just awesome!

On the bus, as we were going downtown, we bumped into this italian guy, whose name we didn't care too much to find out. He asked us a couple of questions, you know 'how long have you been here?' 'what do you do?', stuff along that line, and when Sabri told him she had been working in the farms picking up mainly citrus, he asked her what she meant by that.
The look Sabrina and I exchanged behind our sunglasses said a lot about what we think of people who specify that the italian region they come from is situated in the centre of Italy, but ignore the simple concept of 'citrus'. Whatevs

Have I already mentioned I would have had my CVs printed today? Well, I'll say it now. Sabri and I went to the library and had some printed out but I didn't go and hand them out this afternoon because it was pouring rain!

Ieri sono rimasta sveglia a leggere fino a tardi e la posizione costretta sul letto credo mi abbia ammaccato l'osso sacro! Mamma mia che male sdraiarsi, girarsi, fare qualsiasi movimento. Ancora peggio, scoprire questa mattina quando mi sono svegliata che il dolore non era andato via durante la notte!

La giornata però ha preso subito una piega decisamente migliore quando Sabrina mi ha fatto trovare la colazione pronta!!!! Pancakes e fragole - salsina gentilmente concessa da Paolo che l'ha creata ieri per il ristorante. Inutile dirvi quanto erano buone!
Connessa su internet ho poi scoperto due cose che mi hanno lasciata stra contenta, ma allo stesso tempo scioccata: John Green diventa papà un'altra volta (so che non ve ne frega nulla, ma se sapeste com'è carino il piccolo Henry probabilmente sareste contenti di vedere un'altra creaturina nella famiglia Green - ok, ora inizio a farmi paura da sola) e che Mr. Barak Obama conosce lo slang di questa community online fondata da John stesso e suo fratello Hank - di cui faccio parte, credo. Il senso di appartenenza è parecchio soggettivo, sapete..

Sul pullman mentre andavamo in centro, ci siamo imbattute in un ragazzo italiano, che rimarrà anonimo perché non si siamo prese la briga di fare presentazioni, che alla frase di Sabri ''nelle farms mi sono occupata principalmente della raccolta di agrumi'' ha risposto ''cioè?''
Lo sguardo che ci siamo passate sotto gli occhiali da sole la diceva lunga sulle persone che ci tengono ad indicare che le Marche sono in centro Italia, ma che ignorano cosa siano gli agrumi.

Vi ho già anticipato che sarei andata a stampare i miei CV oggi? Bè, nel caso ve lo dico ora. Sono andata in biblioteca con Sabri - poverina, oggi le è toccato sorbirmi per il secondo giorno di fila!, e lì ne ho stampati alcuni. Pomeriggio, però, non sono potuta andare a distribuirli perché pioveva a dirotto.

No comments:

Post a Comment